Sunday, November 15, 2009

John Cusak saved the world

Interesting choice, don't you think?

2012 was the box office favorite this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised I liked it. Action movies are great but I didn't know much about this one (have been living under a rock, i know).

While I believe we counted 7 close-call escapes, all classics involving explosions, toppling buildings, and death-defying avionics from a complete novice, there was really only one part of the whole movie that was completely unbelievable ... aside from the plot line I guess ... and that was when the Russian's trophy girlfriend sneaks on the boat and whistles to her lap dog who is surrounded by thousands of panicking people. The dog, of course, hears her and scampers across the cable wiring between the boat and the dock just in time for both girlfriend and puppy to sneak into a hole in the ship. She, as any pin-up girl turned action hero would, gives her ex-boyfriend standing in the crowd the middle finger.

I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet, so I will leave you with these parting thoughts. A few of the good guys die and not always in a merciful quick death like crashing in a plane or exploding in a volcano. And one death is even a bit surprising.

All in all though, two thumbs up. It will be a great Sunday afternoon flick for TNT or FX in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable??

    Guess I will just be getting a ticket for one on my Magical Boat ride Dec. 21, 2012....

    ReplyDelete