Monday, May 10, 2010

Summer Reading List

With the end of the school year upon you, I figured you can't start your vacations without a summer reading list. So whether you bring your book to the beach or just relax on your patio in the evenings with a glass of wine, here are some books I think you'll enjoy.

Laugh-out-loud:
- Long Way Down, by Nick Hornby
- Holidays On Ice, by David Sedaris
- We Thought You'd Be Prettier, by Laurie Notaro

Chic Lit:
- Thanks for the Memories, by Cecilia Ahren
- Expecting Adam, by Martha Beck
- Pink Slip, by Rita Cerisi
- The Dive from Clausen's Pier, by Ann Packer

General Reading:
- Running with Scissors, by Augusten Burroughs (to be followed by Dry and Wolf at the Table)
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller
- A Year in the Merde, by Stephen Clarke
- Once a Runner, by John L. Parker Jr.

Happy Summer. Happy Reading.

4 comments:

  1. -reading Holidays on Ice as we speak:)

    also- I just finished Redeeming love and I physically could not put it down until it was done- Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that I lent or gave you three of the books on that list. I have excellent taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished 'Tipping Point' by Malcolm Gladwell. Between that and 'Outliers', it's been a Malcolm Gladwell month so far. I recommend both.

    ReplyDelete